Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape
HHO Kit Reviews | HHO Generator | Gas Conversion Kits | Hybrid Water Cars | Hydrogen Fuel Cars | HHO Forum

hho for turbo diesel

This is the HHO lounge... Hang out and talk anything HHO

hho for turbo diesel

Postby Eagle4031 on Fri Apr 10, 2009 8:21 pm

I have a 16 plate dry cell fitted to my Nissan patrol 4.2 turbo diesel which produces approx 1.75 LPM. The gas is good as I can explode the bubbles BUT I am getting no better fuel consumption at all. I have placed the inlet in half a dozen different positions along the air intake before and after the air filter box, even tried after the turbo but no noticeable difference ( I do an accurate check of the fuel use at every fill). Has anyone out there fitted HHO to a turbo diesel? I am keen for some helpful advice. I have spent over $1,000 so far and spent many hours of time over the past year. I find the dry cell the best producer which doesn’t get very hot HELP!!!
Eagle4031

Hybrid Water Power

Re: hho for turbo diesel

Postby Veloran on Tue Apr 14, 2009 11:28 am

An EFIE (Electronic Fuel Injection Enhancer) is used to adjust the signal from the oxygen sensor(s) before they get to the engine's computer to compensate for an increase in fuel efficiency brought about by another fuel efficiency device. The purpose of the EFIE is not to provide fuel efficiency. It's purpose is to make it possible for our HHO generator to work properly. Basically a fuel efficiency device makes the engine think something is wrong, and makes it do things to adjust for this "wrongness". The actions it takes based on the oxygen sensor data, makes it negate the efficiency increase that would have been realized by the efficiency device. The EFIE solves this by adjusting the signal to the computer so the computer is happy with the readings it's getting and it's making the correct adjustments for the various conditions of the engine.

Basically, the oxygen sensor tells the computer it's oxygen readings by providing a voltage between 0 and 1 volt. In order to adjust this "data" the EFIE adds a small voltage to that delivered by the oxygen sensor. The EFIE is highly adjustable. Adjustments to the trim screw can change the EFIE's voltage correction by tiny amounts; a millivolt or 2 (.001 volt).
Veloran

Postby Eagle4031 on Fri Apr 17, 2009 6:40 pm

thanks veloran but that is not my problem I have NO computer or sensors .Ijust do not understand what is happening to the gas , ican measure it coming out of the hose but it has NO noticeable effect on the engine.Some say i need more gas some say less .I am just about ready to give it all away as useless.
Eagle4031

Postby flyingdoc on Wed Apr 22, 2009 7:05 am

hi eagle, theres a guy on hho info (skysabre) who has a turbo diesel who's gone frm 31 mpg to 43 and another guy with a tdi and using a pingpong ball at hho input it has holes around perimeter.i'm just trying a venturi same as zero's at the moment ,still testing, i just cant seem to get a result with td sofar , havent given up tho,seems to be scant info on turbo's....bit like the holy grail search.will let you know if i gain any mpg ..dont hold ya breath waiting tho :lol: Flyingdoc.
flyingdoc

Postby Louis L. Borja on Wed Apr 22, 2009 10:44 am

Hey Guys, keep on trying and don't give up. You've seen the power of HHO gas and how it ignites to replace gasoline or diesel. But, remember, the secret is for the ICE to burn more HHO than diesel. Just keep on trying. I will keep you posted on my results once I start. :idea:
Louis L. Borja

Postby Llew on Fri Jun 19, 2009 10:19 am

A friend of mine has fitted a small HHO generator, to a 4.1 diesel truck. On a run that normally used $80 he used $50. So is very pleased. He paid $400 AUD for it. Until I saw how it worked with him, I thought it was scam.
It appears you need two pipes coming off the generator, on just below the butter fly and one on the air cleaner
Llew
Llew

Postby pdai11 on Fri Jun 19, 2009 6:59 pm

You need to connect the hose(to engine) from bubbler just before the turbo, what size is your Cell, you might need 2 Cells. Also, is it home made or purchased ?
pdai11

Postby TDI4.2nissan on Sun Jun 21, 2009 2:29 am

Hi Eagle 4031
I to own a 4.2tdi and am about to install my own HHO system
I have been researching this for about a year and am convinsed it is the way to go.
I am using a 7 cell unit.
How do I get some pics and info to you????
I will keep allinformed as I go about the testing.

Its interesting to see the replies from people who all think a Diesel has a carby and a butterfly valve............

It will work have no worries about it.
TDI4.2nissan

Postby Llew on Wed Jun 24, 2009 8:53 am

TD4
That was a mistake, when I referred to The Land Cruiser diesel, of course diesels do not have carburetors. I was intending to say close to the air intake on the manifold, before the air filter. One on the atmospheric side of the filter, as well.
Anyway it does work and my friend is pleased with the result.
Llew

Postby EddieRock on Wed Jun 24, 2009 9:05 pm

TDI4.2nissan wrote:How do I get some pics and info to you????
I will keep allinformed as I go about the testing.

Its interesting to see the replies from people who all think a Diesel has a carby and a butterfly valve............

It will work have no worries about it.

TDI4.2nissan: You can upload HHO photos in the forum. Simply select the upload attachment option below or the Img button at the top when posting a reply.

I'd love to see the pics of your HHO installation in the forum.

thanks,

EddieRock,
EddieRock

Next

ebook

Hybrid Water Power

ebook

Return to General HHO Discussion