Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape
HHO Kit Reviews | HHO Generator | Gas Conversion Kits | Hybrid Water Cars | Hydrogen Fuel Cars | HHO Forum

Engine Damage Question

This is the HHO lounge... Hang out and talk anything HHO

Engine Damage Question

Postby mitch98 on Thu Jan 08, 2009 9:25 am

In my research, Ive read that using HHO could somehow lead to engine damage and possibly voiding the warranty. Exactly what king of damage am I going to look for?

Thanks,
Mitch
mitch98

Hybrid Water Power

Re: Engine Damage Question

Postby alexercsei on Thu Jan 29, 2009 1:05 pm

Hi, Mitch,

If U run only on HHO, U must have stainless steel exhaust pipes and stainless steel valves - this are vulnerable to rust (burning HHO generates water) or apply a ceramic coating treatment to the engine.

Also, keep a close check on the engine temperature, because the HHO burn with higher temperature than fossil fuel.

Use a high quality engine oil.

In Otto engines-When U run only with HHO gas, U must adjust the timing of the spark so that it occurs after the top dead center, because the HHO burned faster than fossil fuels.

See U on forum :D
alexercsei

Postby AHI on Sun Feb 08, 2009 11:03 am

Hi Mitch. I don't think I altogether agree with Alexrecsei.

The amount of water produced is minimal. By all means fit a stainless exhaust when you have a change. The water produced will be exhausted as steam so I wouldn't worry too much about the valves. The cost of applying ceramic coatings makes it a non starter.

Although the initial heat is higher it is also accomplished much more quickly. The effect is to allow your engine and exhaust systems to be cooler.

Use a good quality synthetic oil if you can afford the initial cost. It will last a lot longer.

Unless you are a mechanic and understand exactly what you are doing I wouldn't suggest you advance your engine to that level. You would also have to retime your valves as well. I would strongly suggest you get a mechanic who is familiar with retuning engines to do any of this sort of work. The theory is right but the practicalities are not so simple.

AHI.
AHI

Postby claytoninca on Fri Mar 13, 2009 8:44 pm

AHI, are you aware of any mechanics who would fit your bill in Southern California? I have been told to find a high performance / racecar mechanic, but I'm just a guy who wants better mileage and do not have a bunch of friends who are into racing.

Anyone who knows where to find someone who knows what they are doing would be appreciated!
claytoninca

Postby oldporchdwg on Sun Mar 15, 2009 5:21 am

Hi Mitch, if your nickname is "ceasar", then beware of knives today - the Ides of March, LOL!!
my nephew was a great mechanic and would have no problem putting this HHO in, but he was murdered a couple years back and i do not know how. worse yet, i do not know a good mechanic in the States (Fla) and i am afraid these Brit English instructions could be misunderstood. how hard is it to put in this HHO device? How much should a good mechanic charge to put it in (i am a disabled vet on a fixed income)?? await your reply,thanks, john
oldporchdwg

Postby EddieRock on Sun Mar 15, 2009 4:18 pm

Oldporchdwg,

Installing a HHO kit is pretty easy. The hardest part is hooking up the EFIE and O2 standoffs. Other than that, it's a bolt on product. Should not take more than a few hours

Now, building the HHO kit may take a little longer. Bob Volks Hybrid Water Power instructions (ebook) is really written well and is easy to follow. Finding the parts is not a problem either. I've linked his product so you can check it out.

In Fl, any mechanic should be able to help you out.

EddieRock
EddieRock

Postby hondadude on Wed Apr 22, 2009 2:13 am

im new to hho, iput a gen on my 96 dakota, a few more mpg, about 3, but i do seem to have more power. i didnt change an electronics. my wife has a 2002 dodge mini van. will i fry expensive stuff if i dont make changes n just add hho?
hondadude

Postby billhac on Fri Apr 24, 2009 5:02 pm

most likely what will happen is the computer will notice the added o2 and compensate with more gasoline which is what you don't want, get a MAP/MAF enhancer at the least and you will see better gains, but an EFIE or MAFe is usually required to see good gains
billhac

Postby montanagf on Fri May 15, 2009 2:25 pm

From what I've read, we have to worry more about running our cars with ethonol additive in a greater % of gas than is on the market today.
it can damage the gaskets and rubber items in the fuel line.
I talked to my mechanic and he said he expects more repair business if we go to a pure ethonol fuel. Does the ethonol additive have any effect on the HHO production?
montanagf

Postby terryao61 on Thu May 21, 2009 2:57 pm

Hi to all.
I really need an answer to this ? When i make and hook up the gen. DO i have to have my truck or car re tuned?
and what else needs to be done?
Im looking forward to useing this new tec. but im just a little confused about the posts on tune ups and about the stainless steel exhaust. Please help me understand, Terry
terryao61

Next

ebook

Hybrid Water Power

ebook

Return to General HHO Discussion